We offer presentations at international and national conferences, to classes of medical students, to local and regional parent advocacy groups, and we participate in webinars for organizations to reach their members online.
We have offered presentations at annual meetings for the following national and international organizations over the past 10 years:
- American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics Annual Meeting
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Annual Meeting
- American Society of Bioethics and Humanities Annual Meeting
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities Annual Meeting
- Down Syndrome Affiliates in Action Conference
- Downside Up and Sun Kids in Russia
- National Society of Genetic Counselors Annual Meeting
- National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities Annual Meeting
- Nippon Foundation in Japan
The most common topic we cover for medical organizations and groups is understanding the available supports and services and common life outcomes for conditions—beyond the genetic diagnosis and list of common medical issue. We also offer presentations on ethical and collaborative strategies and policies for building relationships between the medical and patient advocacy communities regarding prenatal screening and testing.
Another topic we commonly cover for advocacy organizations is engaging in medical outreach to develop relationships with providers and support new and expectant parents.
Contact us if you’re interested in inviting us to present at your conference or collaborating to present at a conference together.